MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
The purpose of this memorandum is to establish a collaboration between 1888 Center, hereafter referred to as 1888, and a workshop instructor, hereafter referred to as Instructor, for the common goal of growing and supporting the arts in Orange County.
1. 1888 will:
- Provide marketing for the workshop, which may include the following channels:
Monthly email newsletter – 11,950 Subscribers as of July 6, 2018
Website – 87,197 Pageviews as of July 6, 2018
Facebook – 697,573 Facebook Total Reach as of July 6, 2018
Additional Social media presence across Instagram and Twitter.
- Host Instructor’s workshop at our center to underscore our unique partnership in championing literary arts, as well as its intersections with other disciplines.
- Limited supply of Complimentary tickets available upon at Instructor’s request.
2. Instructor will provide:
We want interactive and engaging learning experiences focused on the arts. To that end, Instructor’s workshop may include but is not limited to: lecture and discussion themed around the arts, a hands-on lesson or instruction promoting learning and growth for attendees, or any other appropriate Instructor-led programming. Please include the following information about the workshop:
- Title of workshop.
- A description of the workshop.
- Instructor bio.
- Professional headshot.
- Proposed time and or frequency of the workshop.
- Ticket price.
- Marketing for the workshop:
- Website, newsletters, emails, etc.
- Social media presence across Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Recommendations for potential partners or platforms to help spread the word.
3. It is understood and agreed that:
- There will be a 50/50 split on gross ticket sales, with the price to be mutually agreed upon by Instructor and 1888.
- Payment will be distributed via check made payable to Instructor no later than 30 days after the workshop was held.
- The Workshop Instructor hereby acknowledges the accessibility limitations due to the historic building 1888’s center is located in and will plan for and accommodate these limitations to the extent possible.
- Instructor may cancel a workshop only with 48 hours written notice in advance.
Please submit this form if you would like to host a workshop or a series of workshops at 1888 Center.